Friday 4 December 2015

Dr Chris Brown strips down to a loin cloth to promote new season of I’m a Celebrity ... Get Me Out of Here


Jungle ready ... Dr Chris Brown stripped down for to play Tarzan to Julia Morris’s Jane for a new I'm a Celebrity ... Get Me Out of Here promo shoot. Picture: Ten
Tiffany DunkNews Corp Australia Network

WHEN Dr Chris Brown received a brief to play Tarzan in the first promotional shoot for season two of I’m a Celebrity … Get Me Out of Here!, he thought someone was pulling his leg.
“I rang (the executive producer) laughing hysterically over what they had in mind just to check if it was a joke or not,” he said. “It wasn’t.”
Doing it for Julia ... Dr Chris Brown says he donned a loin cloth just for his I’m a Celeb co-host. Picture: Ten
Doing it for Julia ... Dr Chris Brown says he donned a loin cloth just for his I’m a Celeb co-host. Picture: TenSource:Channel 10
Despite having turned down numerous requests in the past to play Tarzan for magazine shoots, Brown agreed to strip down for the two day shoot for his co-host Julia Morris.
“Julia’s had some meaningful scenes on House Husbands but I feel like Jane was the role she was born to play,” he said. “She really relishes it.”
Me Jane, him Tarzan ... Julia Morris was over the moon on the set of the I’m a Celeb promo shoot. Picture: Ten
Me Jane, him Tarzan ... Julia Morris was over the moon on the set of the I’m a Celeb promo shoot. Picture: TenSource:Channel 10
In fact, Morris delighted in the role so much that Brown joked they had a safe word during the two day shoot which saw her clinging gleefully to his back.
“I went home with all sorts of scratches and bruises and marks on my body,” he said. “Forget the vines, forget the falls, most of them are directly attributable to one Julia Morris. I have a new respect for stunt men.”
Despite doing the majority of the shoot himself, there was one hair-raising stunt Brown wasn’t allowed to do for safety reasons.
Swingers ... Julia Morris and Dr Chris Brown in action at the I’m a Celebrity shoot. Picture: Ten
Swingers ... Julia Morris and Dr Chris Brown in action at the I’m a Celebrity shoot. Picture: TenSource:Channel 10
Being assigned a body double, who donned a blond bouffant wig to match the TV vet’s hair was “pretty much my favourite part of the entire day,” he said.
Admitting to having snuck in a few extra gym sessions to get loincloth ready, Brown said a trip for the The Living Room a week prior to the shoot almost sabotaged his sixpack.
Shooting a travel story in rural Queensland alongside chef and colleague Miguel Maestre, the duo spent much of their time eating on the road — not ideal when you have to wear what Brown described as “essentially a leather mini skirt”.
“The loin cloth doesn’t hide much,” he laughed.
Despite the fun he had making the promo, Brown has vowed to keep his shirt on during the two months I’m a Celeb … will be on air early next year.
“Tarzan’s has retired to another vine,” he said.
“(But) this gave Julia and I enough material to make each other laugh for the entire Africa trip I think.”

No comments:

Post a Comment